Smart multifunction printers built on ConnectKey Technology simply get the job done – so you can stay focused on your work and not the technology. With ConnectKey, you can do much more than just print, scan, fax and copy. You can turn your multifunction printer into the center of a complete productivity ecosystem, right out of the box.
Complete important tasks right at the multifunction printer through the intuitive interface’s large touch points and easy menus. This UI, common to all ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers, allows for reordering of services and puts important actions at your fingertips – such as the customizable single-touch scan button, which triggers an entire workflow for fast document distribution and archiving.
- Print from iPhones® or iPads® with built-in support for Apple AirPrint.
- Print from any device to any device when integrated with Xerox® Mobile Print – available as a cloud service or server-side installation.
- Create single or multi-page, text-searchable PDFs through optical character recognition (OCR) so information is never locked in paper documents.
- Xerox® Mobile Link App allows you to scan and fax from your phone or tablet by connecting with our multifunction printers and send data to and print data from cloud storage. It’s easy to create Mobile Link One-Touch Workflows between a mobile device and a multifunction printer.
Staying up to speed means having the right kind of help. That’s why we have technology and software that empowers you to work faster and collaborate better.
- Spend less time looking for contacts with an enhanced address book that stores all email, fax, and scan information in a single contact. Simplify workflows with “favorites” that highlight common destinations.
- Reduce employee frustration and downtime with on-device access to the full Xerox Online Support database from both the user interface and the print driver – the same content available to your support technicians – and Embedded Help Videos.
- Operate the multifunction printer user interface from any office workstation as though you were standing right in front of it. Remotely train users and configure multifunction printer settings with the peace of mind that integrated security allows only a single authorized operation at a time to prevent multiple remote procedures.
- Simplify device use and management through a consistent driver platform across all ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers. Train people once for multiple devices.
Businesses are only getting more connected and that brings increased risks, even for multifunction printers. With ConnectKey, you can finally protect your multifunction printers similar to how you protect PCs from viruses and malware, and control access to end points on your network – making your multifunction printer a fully secured network citizen.
- Take comfort that only approved, predefined applications, code and files will run on your Xerox multifunction printers – the first in the industry to protect themselves from potential outside threats.
- With ConnectKey, Xerox is the first company to offer McAfee whitelisting technology for multifunction printers. This means you can:
- Detect and prevent unauthorized access and tampering of multifunction printer files and send alerts.
Have a single point of reference for monitoring, reporting and alerts through the McAfee Enterprise security console ePolicy Orchestrator and Xerox Managed Print Services tool set.
- Lock multifunction printer configurations for organizational compliance and to reduce the need for manual software updates to stay ahead of emerging threats.
- Get additional, proactive data protection with McAfee® Integrity Control that integrates with your organization’s processes and doesn’t cause access or productivity headaches.
Reducing costs is vital to staying competitive. ConnectKey saves you money with tools to help people work more efficiently and control the resources used by your multifunction printer.
- Save money on toner and ink while reducing wasteful printing with default settings – like printing multiple pages on a single page, or printing a user’s ID in the margin instead of a banner sheet – as set by application and user.
- Take full control of your print environment with detailed user permissions. Available options such as color printing can be specified by users, groups, time of day and application. You can also distinguish between what capabilities are available for walk-up users.
- Enhance visibility into your organization’s print activity with built-in accounting capabilities. ConnectKey also offers job-based network accounting that integrates with third-party accounting and billing solutions from Xerox Business Partners.
- By default, our print driver is set to two-sided printing, and the Earth Smart feature allows you to select other default settings such as not printing banner pages.
- ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers are compatible with energy management solutions such as Cisco®EnergyWise that allow IT operations and facilities to measure and fine-tune power usage to realize significant cost savings.