For a lot of small and medium-size businesses, the challenge lies in keeping up with technological advancements without breaking the bank. A business’ IT infrastructure is one of its most expensive operational components. It’s precisely for this reason that prudent business owners turn to managed services like managed IT support. Outsourcing managed services is an effective way to reduce overhead costs without compromising any critical aspect of the business.
Managed IT Solutions: Types of Managed IT Support Services
Apart from providing your business with expert and professional managed IT service, one of the best things about managed IT solutions is you get to choose which ones to utilize, meaning you are not obligated to avail of pre-planned packages if you do not need one or several of its components. This of course depends on the provider but a managed services company worth your time and resources is one that will cater to your exact needs, providing you with the option to customize an IT support package that best suits your organization.
But for the reader’s reference, there are general managed IT service plans or types that providers may offer you. These include the following:
- 24/7 remote monitoring for servers and devices
- Server monitoring using active-yet-unobtrusive software that works in the background, enabling your managed IT service team to monitor server activity around the clock
- Mobile device management, which configures the company’s devices for authorized access on smartphones and tablets, thus ensuring all stored data are secure
- Desktop monitoring to prevent attacks from viruses and other malicious software
- Cloud and/or on-premises IT management and maintenance, including technical support, software updates, and more
- Proactive protection for all devices and servers by establishing security plans and password rules. Employee compliance is also monitored.
There are several other managed IT solutions that may be offered to you, but these are the general managed services that small and medium-size businesses as well as large corporations utilize. And as you can see, each of these services is designed to keep your IT infrastructure robust and reliable, which translates to your business being able to provide the best service to your customers.
Managed IT service pricing
As mentioned above, different managed services providers offer different packages, which means their pricing method differs as well. While there are providers that require you to purchase specific packages and then simply ask you to purchase additional services as add-ons. There are, however, providers that offer customized packages, which means customers are given the flexibility to purchase only those services that not only do they need but more importantly, can fully utilize.
But whatever pricing method is offered, services cover a specific number of devices and/or users. For instance, your provider could bill you on a per-user or per-device basis. A per-user basis is recommended for employees that need access on their desktops, smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
Contact Visual Edge IT today for reliable managed IT support
What type of IT support do you need? Please feel free to fill out our Contact Form to request for a quote or to learn more about our managed IT support services. You may also call Visual Edge IT at (800) 336-1642.